A little about me...
This is my second year at COJOWA and I'm so excited to be working and living here in Cartagena, Colombia!
I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology with a certificate in Children's Literature from the University of Pittsburgh. (Hail to Pitt!!) My original intentions were to become a child psychologist, but I found my way into teaching instead through Teach For America (TFA). TFA placed me in Las Vegas, Nevada where I received my Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Nevada is also where I began my teaching career. I taught 5 years in the Las Vegas Valley covering 1st grade, 3rd grade, and 5th grade. This is my first time teaching abroad, and I am excited for all the amazing new experiences that I will have!
Outside of school I enjoy...
* Reading - especially children's literature from Rick Riordan or Roald Dahl
* Writing children's books
* Playing sports - soccer, basketball, volleyball, kickboxing
* Relaxing on the beach - I did move to a beach city for a reason
* Anything spa related - massages, pedicures, manicures, anything to relax me
* Sweets - chocolate, ice cream, candy, all things sweet!
* Disney Movies - I have a soft spot for all kids movies